Dr. Andy Su, M.D.
Dr. Su is a board certified radiation oncologist at the Nancy W. Knowles Cancer Center. His group, Fox Valley Radiation Oncology, provides the most advanced radiation treatment options available in the region.
• Undergraduate degree: M.I.T.
• Medical degree: The University of Chicago, 2002
• Selected to participate in the prestigious Howard Hughes Research Scholars Program at the National Institute of Health.
• Completed radiation oncology training at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
• Additional training in brachytherapy at the Seattle Prostate Institute and at the Texas Cancer Clinic.
• Performed numerous research studies and published many articles and abstracts in various professional journals while at the University of Chicago.
Dr. Su has expertise in Intensity Modulated Radiation Treatments (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT). In addition, he has extensive training in Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and High Dose Rate (HDR) brachytherapy procedures for breast, gynecologic and prostate cancers.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Su is active in the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) Government and Economics Committee and a physician reviewer for ACRO’s Practice Accreditation Program. He also serves as one of ACRO’s representatives to the American Medical Association (AMA). Dr. Su is also a member of the Leadership Board of the DuPage County American Cancer Society as well as the Medical Director and an investor of the CyerKnife Center of Chicago. Dr. Su also serves on the American Lung Association Scientific Expert Advisory Panel and a reviewer for the American Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Dr. Su strongly values innovative approaches to medicine and always delivers the highest level of patient care.